Tampa Area Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tampa Area Cycling

Community Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bicycling Feherty Run Over Again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randy
Admin
Randy

Bicycling Feherty Run Over Again Empty
PostSubject: Bicycling Feherty Run Over Again   Bicycling Feherty Run Over Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:44 pm

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Apparently, the bounty on spandex-clad Irishmen is nationwide and not just in the state of Texas. CBS announcer David Feherty, after having been run over by a truck near his home in Dallas last March (breaking three ribs, puncturing a lung and severely injuring his left elbow), was struck again Tuesday while riding his bike near the Dearborn, Mich., hotel where he was staying prior to the PGA Championship.

Before going on the air Thursday, limping along gingerly with the aid of an aluminum cane he purchased at Wal-Mart and looking very much like Colonel Sanders, Feherty stopped long enough to telescope the cane to its tiniest height and go into his favorite Marty Feldman routine from the movie "Young Frankenstein." "Hump? What hump?" he said.

"People have been driving over me," deadpanned Feherty, who suffered a concussion and has no memory of being hit. The driver didn't stop and Feherty had no idea what kind of vehicle struck him. "I was lying in the bushes for 20 minutes or a half-hour," he said. "I have no recollection of riding my bike back to the hotel. I was talking in left-handed Swahili in the lobby and they called an ambulance."

In addition to a concussion, he injured his already separated left shoulder ("My shoulder and I sleep in separate rooms," he says.) and bruised his left butt cheek. The joke that accompanies that particular injury can't be published on a family website. Feherty said the brain scan at the hospital confirmed the existence of one, otherwise, "I have one very big tumor," he says.

After returning to the land of the cognizant at the hospital, Feherty asked the doctor what had happened to him and the doctor explained he'd been run over. "Oh, you've got to be ****** kidding me," Feherty replied.

--Jim Moriarty
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/spriggcycling

Bicycling Feherty Run Over Again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa Area Cycling :: Bike Forum :: Cycling News-
Jump to: